Facts About Army Leave And Passes Ar 600-8-10
Army Regulation 600-8-10 covers leaves and passes.
- A three day pass be given during the normal duty week such as Tuesday through and Thursday.
- A pass is a individuals privilege (not a right) awarded to deserving soldiers by their commanders.
- A pass CAN NOT be taken in conjunction with a leave?
- A four day pass CAN NOT be obtained during the week such as Monday through Thursday. A four day pass must include two non-duty days.
- Accrued leave is a leave earned and advanced leave is granted prior to actual accrual leave time
- An annual leave is charged against a Soldier’s leave account and a convalescent leave is not, because it is part of the treatment prescribed.
- DA Form 31 is the form used for Request and authority for leave (A Leave Form)
- DA Form 4179R is a Leave Control Log.
- Terminal Leave is Leave used in conjunction with termination of service (ETS).
- Soldiers are allowed to take 42 days of leave after pregnancy and childbirth. A Physician must give approval if a soldier voluntarily decides to return to work after less than 42 days of leave.
- Administrative absence is NOT chargeable as leave.
- The maximum number of days which may be taken for a “Reenlistment Leave” is 90 days, provided advance leave does exceed 30 days.
- Administrative absence is authorized to attend or participate in activities of semi-official nature to the benefit of the Department of the Army (DA)
- Emergency leave is granted to soldiers for an emergency within his immediate family.
- Emergency leave is a chargeable leave granted for a personal or family emergency requiring the soldier’s presence.
- The soldier’s commander pays for Emergency Airfare IAW Army budget procedures. Emergency leave is authorized to the first Aerial Port of Debarkation (APOD) closest to the emergency location.
PERMISSIVE TEMPORARY DUTY (PTDY)
- The installation or equivalent commander is the approval authority for PTDY. Soldiers being
reassigned because of PCS are authorized 10 days PTDY (IAW AR 600-8-10, Chapter 5, paragraph 5-32f.)
- Soldiers may not use PTDY in combination with ordinary leave. The soldier must complete a duty day between the two periods of leave.